Here is a link to an eBay auction for a latch.  Look at the microswitches that
are located on the latch assembly.  One of these is the culprit.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/96-98-Mercedes-S320-S500-W140-OEM-Front-Right-Door-Latch-Lock-Actuator-Assembly-/160994554354?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&hash=item257c05f1f2&vxp=mtr

I am a big believer in "ringing out a circuit".  I'm planning on doing just
that later in the week if I have time.

Dan