Cool here today. Some flurries in the air and I hear there is a foot of snow on the ground about a hundred miles north of here.

I have been driving my car a bit as it is about to be put away for the winter at the end of the month. The insurance runs out on Oct 31 and I won't renew it until spring.

It starts fine at these temperatures - about 0 C this morning but it was in the garage over night so probably a bit warmer in there.
+2 C outide right now according to the weather network online.

It was producing good heat at lunch when I went out with it. The one thing is that it smells - sort of like heated rubber. Anyone been there and done this? What would cause the smell and how do I improve it? I am guessing there is some sort of rubber padding or gasket etc in near the heater core that is degrading over time. I had the heater core out of my 1968 Chevy pickup at one time to check it out and there was some sort of rubber padding in there that was about had it so I used a piece of carpet underlay to replace the piece that I took out. Bad plan as it always smelled of hot rubber as soon as it warmed up a bit if the heater was on. I am thinking something similar is happening here with the car.

Randy