On 23/10/2013 10:16 AM, Bob Rentfro wrote:
It is annoying how diesel has been consistently more expensive that
unleaded. Premium is $3.30 and diesel is $3.65 right now here in AZ.
Sometimes when I read you guy posts about putting cars up for the winter,
putting on snow tires, getting out storm windows and storm doors, or i read
the obligatory winter oil thread I miss not living where there are seasons.
As the winter trudges on, however, AZ reminds me why I live here.

Bob R

Yes, I think I can appreciate why you might like to be in AZ for the winter.
A lot of folks around here have bought places down there in the last few years after the price of houses declined.

I tell myself that I need to embrace winter since I live here where it gets cold but it is hard to convince myself. It was easier when I was younger. I used to have snowmobiles etc but have mostly lost interest in that sort of thing. I think the short days and the cold conspire to make me lazy. Maybe nature's way of helping us preserve ourselves?
I could work in my warm basement on winter evenings but I rarely do.

I sometimes wish I had a big heated garage to work in but I have to doubt how much I might use it.
One of my projects is the ressurection of an old Lund.
It is a 20 footer with a Mercruiser I/O.
The hull is aluminum but all of the wooden parts are rotten and falling apart. It needs new floors and consoles etc. I wish I had somewhere to work on it over the winter so I could have it ready to go come spring.
That might prompt me to get doing more in the evenings this winter.

Randy