I have Mom's Seth Thomas mantle clock; probably 'bout 100+ years old. Dad got it for her in '20's; not new then.

Wilton

----- Original Message ----- From: "Randy Bennell" <rbenn...@bennell.ca>
To: "Mercedes Discussion List" <mercedes@okiebenz.com>
Sent: Wednesday, October 23, 2013 5:21 PM
Subject: Re: [MBZ] Alone again

I think, you should, at the very least, oil the thing.
I have a client who started out as a watchmaker.
I have talked to him about our old mantle clock and he has said it should seldom need to be cleaned but should be lubed periodically so that the bushings do not wear. That is why it has been to the repair man a few times - some of the bushings/bearings have had to be changed in order to keep it running. It was my wife's grandparents clock so probably over a 100 years old now. It is a Seth Thomas. I also recall my grandfather would take their old clock and oil it periodically.

Randy