Donald Snook wrote:

Recommendations?

Hwy 78 isn't bad through MS, but runs through many small town speed traps in AL. It should be all four-lane in AL by now, just watch your speed.

If you take the southerly route, taking Hwy 49 from Gulfport to Jackson will save you a lot of time versus taking I-10/12 all the way to I-55. It gets a little trafficy in Hattiesburg and Jackson, but is otherwise pleasant enough and much shorter. You could also take Hwy 98 from Mobile to Hwy 49, but I've never driven it and can't comment on the driving conditions.

If you decide not to stop in Memphis, you'll save a lot of time taking I-20 from Jackson to Hwy 65, to Little Rock. It is pretty boring and rife with depressing poverty, but it is much shorter.

Tom