All four wheels, pretty much evenly.  (by the heat test)

I'd crack one of the brake lines to see if they are under pressure.  Is this
front and back or only one axle?

-----Original Message-----
From: Mercedes [mailto:mercedes-boun...@okiebenz.com] On Behalf Of
Dieselhead
Sent: Monday, December 16, 2013 4:07 PM
To: Mercedes Discussion List
Subject: Re: [MBZ] Weird brake problem

That was the thought process that led me to the master cyl.
Nothing changed or adjusted in the pedal or linkage to the Master
between worky and no worky.   But the symptoms are like when Curt had
the too long rod, and  brakes would not work right.

The one thing that comes to mind is if the piston in the master
cylinder isn't moving all of the way back (pedal all the way up) the
drilling in the master cylinder that lets fluid in from the
reservoir doesn't get uncovered.  This prevents more fluid from
getting in when the system is at rest, and as a result results in a
soft pedal or no pedal at all.

About the only way this can happen that I know if is if the clevis
for the brake pedal is misadjusted, the pedal isn't coming up all
the way or something is obstructing it, or if there is a burr or
scratch in the bore of the master cylinder that's preventing the
piston from coming all the way up.

Also, if the rear most cup on the piston is torn I think it will
exhibit similar tendencies.