Hendrik - its fairly certain that aluminum can't survive in cylinders without cooling jets of oil. But the work on ceramic cylinder parts, including pistons may provide some solution. Wonder what they will do for rings that can stand really high temperatures? More ceramics??
Werner

----- Original Message ----- From: "Hendrik Riessen" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: "Mercedes Discussion List" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Monday, January 09, 2006 11:20 PM
Subject: Re: [MBZ] Does this mean Mobil 1 will be replaced?

Advanced metals should be able to dissapate heat better than old type
metals. Saw a video a while back of an M60 machine gun (Oh no I got them
going on guns again) firing for 90 seconds non stop. The manufacturers of
the advanced barrels claim that they can put 20,000 rounds through it before
needing to service it. So if gun metals are advancing I see no reason that
metals in an engine will not follow. Although I would say at this stage cost
is a factor.

Hendrik

----- Original Message ----- From: "Werner Fehlauer" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>