--R wrote:
> ...the US will be soooooooo screwed.....

Will?
I would guess the momentum *against* the USA is much greater than can
be overcome.  Why? - still an interesting conversation.  We are not
only obese in body-mass-index, we are obese in expectation and
consumption.  Can we lose some expectations and stuff? - probably not
enough to make a difference.  i.e. you and your domicile
reconstruction... necessary?  I bet you could live fine without, even
though it really looks nice - you do wonderful ATTABOY work.
mao