> Andrew wrote:
>
> I was watching the Wheeler Dealers solve a water leak problem in
> a 1990s Aston Martin.  The tech rented a smoke machine, closed it
> up inside the car and watched for smoke leaving the car.

> Has anyone heard of this machine?  is it available for rent like
> in the U.K.?

I didn't see it, so I don't know what sort of smoke machine they
used or how they used it.

But a smoke/fog machine is a super common item for theaters, so any
theater supply store should have it.  Any theater rental shop will
have it.

Buy your own and rent it out.

Little one
http://www.amazon.com/Chauvet-HURRICANE-700-chauvet-h700/dp/B001WMC7MO

Big one
http://www.amazon.com/Chauvet-Hurricane-1800-Fogger-Remote/dp/B002WPPOJI

These use water-based fog/smoke, so cleanup shouldn't be terrible.

--    Philip