Craig wrote:
 They had PTSD when no one knew what it was. I have heard of others who
 would not talk about what they went through.

Here is the way the used to deal with PTSD:
projects.wsj.com/lobotomyfiles/?ch=two&mod=e2fb

It might still be appropriate, I don't know.  It certainly was less
expensive than the pharma and counsel that people receive today.
mao

Wow, not that much removed from "dr. Death" The description of "surgically induced childhood" fits one neighbor of my Aunt. We were told he was "shell shocked" but that didn't explain why he had the mental capacity of roughly a 10 year old. If he got the icepick treatment, that explains it.

A listing of the medal of honor recipients in the Battle of the Bulge:
/www.worldwar2history.info/Medal-of-Honor/Bulge.html