On Thu, 26 Dec 2013 18:51:00 -0600 Mountain Man <maontin....@gmail.com>
wrote:

> dseretakis wrote:
> > Christ was a great man. He should be honored and acknowledged.
> >

> Christmas is no honor acknowledgement to Christ.  It comes as more of a
> disgrace to the reality of anything that Christ said or did.  Read what
> is written - it really is decent stuff, whether you follow Smith or
> Mohammad or whatever.  Forget about what your neighbor says about
> Christ - read it, like a good decent DIY person.

I agree that Christmas now is no honor or acknowledgement to Christ.

I'll answer dseretakis (and maybe mao) with a quote from C.S. Lewis in
_Mere Christianity_ :

      “I am trying here to prevent anyone saying the really foolish thing
      that people often say about Him: I’m ready to accept Jesus as a
      great moral teacher, but I don’t accept his claim to be God. That
      is the one thing we must not say. A man who was merely a man and
      said the sort of things Jesus said would not be a great moral
      teacher. He would either be a lunatic — on the level with the man
      who says he is a poached egg — or else he would be the Devil of
      Hell. You must make your choice. Either this man was, and is, the
      Son of God, or else a madman or something worse. You can shut him
      up for a fool, you can spit at him and kill him as a demon or you
      can fall at his feet and call him Lord and God, but let us not
      come with any patronizing nonsense about his being a great human
      teacher. He has not left that open to us. He did not intend to.”

Craig