Dan Penoff wrote:

I can see where the front end was repaired - the cross member that is behind
the front bumper has been cut off and a new one welded in.  Not very well, at
least the welds look kind of lousy, but it's definitely attached and intact.
Everything from the radiator support back is or appears to be either new or
original.

Wasn't the body/frame work supposed to be a MB dealer job?

The car definitely has the FSS in the instrument panel, and I figured out how to reset
it.  I suspect it's a "dumb" version in that it appear to be nothing more than
a countdown timer...

My 1999 S210's FSS didn't seem to be F at first, and somebody, I think it was Woger (RIP), told me it wasn't, but over time it proved to be flexible. It changed from 10k to 9900 after 100 miles, but after 2000 miles, it read more than 8000 left.

Mitch.