The R129 seems very similar in size to the W124, although being a roadster you
sit closer to the ground. Getting in and out can be a real b*tch, but then
again, getting out of the S500 isn't easy, either. You're just higher up.

The cabin is understandably smaller than the W140 as well.

I drove it a bit this morning since I fixed the MAP sensor line and it didn't
throw any codes, so it looks like that is fixed, at least until I can get some
hard vacuum line from the dealer.

Did a little bit of Martha'ing today on it, including a wash. I want to polish
and wax it, but not until I have the top off, as there are areas I would miss
otherwise. Also, I need to replace the headliner ASAP. The remnants of the
foam/glue tend to get in one's hair if you move up and come in contact with it,
as my oldest son and I discovered yesterday on a drive to our local Ace
Hardware. Got the headliner material at JoAnn Fabrics yesterday along with the
glue. Under $50 for everything.

Got the new remote synched, although it appears that the driver and trunk IR
receivers are not functioning. I tried resetting the system without any change.
Works from the passenger side.

I've seen some weirdness from what I believe is the security system. If anyone
reads this and has ideas, I'm all ears - I have noticed on a couple of
occasions when I shut off and lock the car that the driving light on the
driver's side (passenger side lamp is out) and the turn signal lights all sit
there and flash. They must stop at some point, as they won't be doing it when I
check on the car later.

When I was out this morning, I noticed in the reflection of the vehicle in
front of me that the same lights were flashing again, only this time while I'm
driving. When I got to my destination and shut the car off, they stopped.

???

Last but not least, while doing a topside inspection I found a four pin
connector behind the driver's side headlight hanging next to its mate,
unplugged. Plugged it in an immediately got douched by the headlight wipers.
Guess they're not working. Darn.

Dan

Sent from my iPad