http://www.ebay.com/itm/281207789352?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.
m1497.l2649

-----Original Message-----
From: Mercedes [mailto:mercedes-boun...@okiebenz.com] On Behalf Of Scott
Ritchey
Sent: Monday, December 30, 2013 6:49 PM
To: 'Mercedes Discussion List'
Subject: Re: [MBZ] Seating Beads on New Tires

All, Thanks for the advice and tips.  I tried most of the things mentioned
(except ether, which I didn't have) without success.  I ended up going to a
tire shop today to get the beads seated.  Two tire shops (that didn't have
air cannons) tried without success.  The third shop had the air blaster and
did the job on just a few minutes for $5 a tire.  But they were busy so I
had to wait about an hour form them to get to my job.

In retrospect, it might have worked to pry the beads apart for a couple hot,
sunny days.  I did pry them apart for one day but it's winter here and the
sidewalls popped right back as soon as I worked the bead back over the rim.

I never had a problem with a car tire but these little mower tires were
different: wide tires, wide rims, stiff (4 ply), and the beads were almost
touching when they arrived strapped together with only a couple UPS stickers
on the outside.

So thanks to Dan and the others that said to go to a tire shop.  By the way,
this is what the tires looked like.  You can see that the tread was already
depressed in the middle so strapping it around the tread did almost no good.

<http://i.ebayimg.com/t/2-20X8-8-DURO-20x8-00-8-4-PLY-NEW-LAWN-MOWER-TURF-TW
O-TIRES-20x8x8-TIRE-PAIR/00/s/NDE1WDU0OQ==/z/iCsAAOxyKsZRufgA/$(KGrHqN,!rEFG
i2Q!M8WBRufg!kZ8g~~60_35.JPG>

Scott