Thx Mitch -
I plan to pull things apart at 1st opportunity - I think the problem is exactly as you described - lint and gunk builds up on the mechanism and slows them down. The inertial lock still works so that's a plus... but dealing with a pulled out belt when trying t close the door gets to be a PITA.

Sincerely,
Larry