Kaleb, the spam filter definitely needs a kick, can't you whitelist the people
who have been on the list since its inception?

Dimitri and Fred can better speak for Boston than I but we got a scant 4". It
did get cold, Saturday morning it was -6F. I tried to make a video of starting
the Jetta and 190D at that temp (both did fine) but the sound was terrible. My
GoPro is in an environment case which blocks sound except when you touch the
case. If we get good and cold again I'll try once more without the case.

I did take the snowmobile out yesterday, it was about 35F and although the snow
was poor I had a good ride. Some friend had told me about a new trail which I
found. At one point while exploring I went to turn around and the steering arm
(about like a pitman arm on a car) popped off the spindle leaving me with no
steering. Fortunately I was going slow. I had some wrenches so I had it back on
and tightened up in a jiffy so it didn't bother me too bad. It also made me
realize that the alignment on that machine is screw up. I did some checking and
my machine has toe IN which can make handling unpredictable, apparently
snowmobiles require slight toe OUT to make them track correctly.

I'd planned to work on it today but its about 45F now and POURING. I can fit
the sled in the garage but the outside time required to get it started and into
the garage will keep that job from getting done today...

-Curt