While you guys are all arguing about which of our worthless political factions
is worse I've been hard at work putting a snowmobile engine back together.

It had leaking crank seals which is an easy way to lean out your mixture and
burn down a piston. Lucky for me one of the seals leaked on the points and
dirtied them so I lost spark before I got into too much trouble.
I pulled the engine on the 2nd, new seals came shortly after but of course as
soon as I started tearing into it I realized I needed a gasket I hadn't
ordered. That came yesterday.

Today I put it all back together. I sealed the case halves with the leftover
Hylomar from the 240D head gasket job. (MB content) In fact that job helped me
in 2 ways, I wanted to chase the threads in the case and used the tap set I
bought for the 240D job.
Actually now that I think of it, I bought the rubber gloves for the 240D job
and Fred bought the rags I used for final cleaning on the case halves...

Anyway I want to let the hylomar thicken over night, it never really hardens
after all and I still need to clean the points again. DeoxIT to the rescue!

-Curt