On Fri, 10 Jan 2014 18:28:15 -0500 Dan Penoff <d...@penoff.com> wrote:

> > On Fri, 10 Jan 2014 16:33:40 -0500 Dan Penoff <d...@penoff.com> wrote:
> >
> >> That's why I learned to "shadow" my tools from an old A&P mechanic
> >> when I was a kid...
> >
> > Please explain what you mean by that; inquiring minds want to know ...
>
> Here's a good place to start:
>
> http://www.aviationpros.com/article/10385420/tool-control

        Tool shadowing
        This involves specifying a specific space for each tool. It
        should be designed in such a way as to quickly determine if a
        tool is missing. A popular method is to use some type of foam
        product and cut out spots for each tool. In a toolroom
        environment, walls can be used with pegboard and hooks.
        The item is then outlined and shadowed.

Interesting. Do you go as far as pegboard and hooks or foam with cutouts?

Craig