Scott Ritchey wrote:
Wrong target, mao.  The voting system isn't perfect but the real problem is
the electorate who are both mis-educated (which is worse than ignorant) and
greedy.  Some say it is greedy to want to keep what you earn but I say it is
greedy to demand to get what someone else earned.

Greed is the reason why we have a Republic and not a Democracy. Democracy only works until The People figure out they can vote themselves largess from the public treasury.

Unfortunately, that safety has been short-circuited by politicians who figured out they can assure their re-election by promising gifts from the treasury to 51% of the voting public.

Mitch.