Wife opened a Discover account 4-5 years ago for some reason.  We had some
charges that had been riding on it, but nothing of significance.  When I was
going through the financials one day I realized they were charging us usury
(maximum interest rate allowed in our state.)

I immediately paid the balance and warned the wife not to use it.

Discover starts emailing us, asking why we're not using the card.

"Because you're charging an obscene interest rate."

"If you want a lower rate, call us."

I call them just for grins, as we're not big credit card users to begin with.

They tell me they'll knock 2% off the rate for us.  I laugh and tell them to
stick it.

So now I just charge something insignificant on it once a year to keep it open
and pay the balance when the statement comes.

Idiots.

Dan