Has anyone had experience with American Express cards? They keep sending me "pre-approved" offers for green cards, blue cards, gold cards, etc with free annual payments.
Gerry
 Dieselhead wrote:
Amex is generally a big ripoff. usurious rates, limited acceptance, higher fees for the merchant, and lots of gotcha charges. Acceptable for the free year, but you want to dump it before the year expires.

Tossup as to the worse of amex and discovered.

Better to stick with VS/MC. Of those, crapital 1 is one of the worst. There are online resources that rate various issuing banks for VS/MC so you can choose a suitable one.

Scott wrote:
AMEX cards are not as universally accepted as Visa, Mastercard, and (now) Discover.

Thanks. Good to know.  I'll stick with Visa/MC.
Gerry