Ok, so this has likely been beaten to death on many forums but here goes anyway:

What do you or would you keep in a small tool kit in your vehicle?
I am fortunate enough to have the original tool roll and its contents in my 300D but is there anything specific you would add to it? I don't recall the exact contents of the factory roll but I assume that MB gave some considerable thought to the contents. Do new motorcycles still come with a basic tool kit? I recall that my Honda bikes did back in the 60's and 70's.

Also, I plan to make up one to carry in my truck and another for the boat. I used to carry a big plastic tool box around in my truck whenever I left town but it was cumbersome and I think a tool roll would be less of an issue as it would take less space. I would need a second box or container of some sort for other things like tape, wire, pull ties etc but that should not be too much trouble to put in a zip lock bag or something similar.

The boat is another story as spare spark plugs and fuel filters and such might be more of an issue for it than for the wheeled vehicles.

Randy