On Sun, 19 Jan 2014 16:52:23 -0600 Dieselhead <126die...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Ain't it interesting how the subscribers to the religion of global
> warming always fail to recognize the Renaissance.   In this time,
> many cultures bloomed, and life was generally good.  One major reason
> was the the earth had warmed up, and plants grew well and life was
> good/easy enough that the arts could be supported.

And then there were the panic headlines in the 1970s [1] that the
next ice age was beginning and we had to do something to prevent that.

Craig

[1]  New York Times, Newsweek issue of April 28, 1975, page 64,
     Walter Orr Roberts of the Aspen Institute for Humanistic Studies,
     and National Center for Atmospheric Research, Boulder, Colorado,
     1974, et al.