On 21/01/2014 4:40 PM, Mountain Man wrote:
Dieselhead wrote:
The gas co technician that came to my daughter's house told her the
best/most cost effective water heaters are the old ones and she should do
everything she can to keep it going.
Does the same advice hold true for electric hot water tank?  If so,
please tell me where to purchase new calrod for the old hw tank here.
Thanks.
mao

I assume you are referring to the sacrificial anode.
If so I buy them at Home Depot locally. Not expensive - under $20 last time. Basically a magnesium rod formed around a steel wire with a pipe plug on the top.

Randy