They do!  Those offshore tax havens are greedy!
Gerry

On 1/21/2014 7:12 PM, Andrew Strasfogel wrote:
No matter what, that elite groups pays WAY too much in taxes.

On Tue, Jan 21, 2014 at 6:57 PM, arche...@embarqmail.com <
arche...@embarqmail.com> wrote:

One sentence of the report says "own", and another sentence says
"control", so if their 85 wealthy people are majority stockholders in many
major corporations, that might make the claim more believable.  I think
that back around the turn of the 19th century, J.P.Morgan, Harriman,
Carnegie, and others were supposed to be in "control" of an even higher
percentage of the nations wealth or however it was defined back then.
Gerry

  But they don't say which half, either.  It can't be the top half, so it
must be somewhere below the top 85 people, and probably below the top few
million at least.

In either case, this is sorta interesting but doesn't really concern me
that much since they probably also employ or otherwise support a goodly
number of people, who might otherwise be in some other half of the
population.

--R