Actually it's a bit more complicated than a cut up bolt, it's a little thinner than the bolt hole but has a fat part towards the end http://www.benzworld.org/forums/r170-slk-class/1310263-wheel-alignment-pin.html Kent has em fairly cheap https://mercedessource.com/problems/suspension/mounting-a-mercedes-wheel-the-hub This tool came about when the use of mag wheels became common, ya'll remember that the thin steel rims where pretty easy to fit.

Hendrik
who has the proper pin and uses it