On 1/21/2014 2:36 AM, Fmiser wrote:
Randy wrote:

The map pocket on the driver's door is not on my car  - '76 115
300D.
Any suggestions on the best way to repair this?
On my W123s, I have made new holes in the pocket and use cable ties
(zip ties) to attach the pocket to the door panel.

--    Philip

That sounds like a better solution than mine on the '83 300D beater.  I used
butterfly bolts at an angle which were pushed through small holes just past the
curves on the corners; the butterfly nuts were attached, and then shoved
through larger holes in the panel behind the mapholder edges.  Surface washers
under the bolt heads made it look like they were supposed to be there in the
eyes of those who were unfamiliar with the car.  They've held up for over ten
years so far. I was very short of time back then and this avoided having to
remove the door panel.

Gerry