Superfluous and unneeded are interchangeable to me. I thought you used them both. I am shocked you consider them superfluous.

Actually we had a set of 123 wagons too. 230TE and 300TD Not matched color, but a pair of 123 wagons still. Not a long period. I sold both to capture a rare 124 300TD. SWMBO loved the gold 230TE, but later came to love the 124 300TD.

I love them both but bad choice of words. Maybe should have written
"surplus" or "unneeded".