A few problems here:  Back in the 30s (WPA) public works projects used large
numbers of semi-skilled men to do brute-force labor.  Now we use just a few
skilled heavy equipment operators (and lots of supervisors) to do that same
job.  Besides, there are few native-born Americans who would be willing to
do that back-breaking work under primitive living conditions like the WPA.
They believe they DESERVE better.

Scott

..