I was hoping that the craft movement would serve as the example of where we
need to be headed.  I am very well aware of the inflated expectations the
populace has and the willingness to accept the lowest common denominator if the
price is right.  If you make garbage though, you will have no pride in the work
you do or the products you own.

AS for cars, it is all bowing down to our computer overlords.  If you have wind
up windows, no radio, and bare minimum, you are not able to be tracked or
controlled.  You have a modicum of freedom from those who spy upon us and the
computers will have to hunt you down physically

clay