I had dinner with my cousin last night. Her husband works for Gulfstream in
Savannah.  They build G-650s there, which start at $65mil.  If one were to
order one today it would take at least 3 years to get it. He says there are
people who pull out their checkbook to try to buy out someone further up the
queue. These are likely rich folks or corporations.

So Gulfstream have 5 or 6 factories around the country, all working flat out to
build various aircraft.  That $65mil and whatever the others cost employs
thousands of people, supports various other industries, keeps the economies of
their home communities going, and must add at least that value to their buyers
in some ways. Oh, and to run one costs a fair amount of the purchase price each
year, requires many pilots, hangars, fuel, maintenance etc etc which also keeps
the economy going.  And apparently did quite well even over the past few years.

So, seems to me like rich folks and corporations have positive effects as well,
whatever vilification the various politicos want to heap on them.  Hell, I'd
like to buy a G-650 and trod down all y'all.

--R (sent from my miniPad)