A resounding YES , for myself.  If there were a new production 123, built
to original standards and supported for the next 30 years by parts.. I
would buy it in a New York Minute..

Imagine being able to buy a car that you know is completely proven to last
30+ years, give good service for the investment, and be a smooth
comfortable ride that was well built with styling that always displayed a
nicely understated quality and standard.

A new car today is an investment crap shoot.. will it last, does it have
design flaws.. can it actually be fixed.. etc etc.. all unknowns..

Grand Idea.. I like it..  But then.. I'm not one of the "chosen 85" ...

Grant...