> > Philip wrote:
> >
> > What about a OM617 turbo powered S123 with manual transmission,
> > crank windows, manual heater.  Close to perfect, I'd say.
>
> Mountain wrote:
>
> Nope.
> No S-class and OM6xx engine, period.
> Turbo and 3-pedal have gotten together sooo very seldom over the
> years it seems inconceivable.  NA is just fine for 3-pedal.

Er, what?!?

S-class?  I'm confused.

I'm talking about a S123 - the general designation for a S
style 123 series - or what in the USA we call a station wagon.
300TD, 240TD, and whatever the gasoline was (280T maybe?)

Regarding turbo and manual transmission - from about 1975 to 2005,
pretty much _every_ class 7 and class 8 truck on the road was a
turbo charged diesel with a manual transmission.  Might be a bit
less prolific in smaller machines, but I'm dreaming.  *smiles*  I
really like the turbo-supercharged motor and I really like a manual
transmission. I think they belong together.

Of course, my opinion is rarely sought with regard to automotive
marketing...

--   Philip