This generally references A Government Agency whose employees might often decline to name it or share the knowledge of their association with it. My niece works for The Company but is fairly open about it. I had another friend who interviewed with them many years ago, waited for some time, went off for some period on some indeterminate activity, then took a job with another company that involved considerable international travel. I always suspected she worked for The Company in some capacity, and asked her at one point and she did not say no but she did not say yes either. Good enough for me.

--R