You need a small front end loader, Randy. Scoop it up and dump it in your yard.
Gerry

On 2/16/2014 8:05 AM, Mitch Haley wrote:
Randy Bennell wrote:

The problem with that idea is that it does not work very well in our narrow back lane with garages on either side. We get the same issue out front but that just fills the sidewalk entrance. I doubt I could move enough snow to prevent the big graders from filling my sidewalk. The real answer from my point of view is to move it quickly. If one is home when the grader goes by, then it is not much of a problem. If one tries to move the snow hours later, then one has to chop bricks of snow out of the pile. Good for making an igloo of one is into that sort of thing I suppose.

You need something smaller/stronger than a 18" plastic snow shovel.
Either a square edged dirt digging shovel or a 10-12" coal/grain scoop.

Mitch.