In March, '75, friend and I were snowmobiling in woods west of The Soo, MI, on a Saturday morning. At 50 MPH, I broke out of the woods onto an expanse of white; noticed that surface under me seemed to be undulating slightly; suddenly realized that US Coast Guard ice breaker 200 to 300 yards in front of me was cutting a channel in Lake Superior and that I was on the lake with 'em and the undulation I was feeling was likely wave action. I maintained full throttle and did a skidding 180 to get back on solid ground.

Wilton

----- Original Message ----- From: "Randy Bennell" <rbenn...@bennell.ca>
To: "Mercedes Discussion List" <mercedes@okiebenz.com>
Sent: Wednesday, February 19, 2014 11:17 AM
Subject: Re: [MBZ] OT: neighborhood

The daughter of some folks we know and her boyfriend drowned in a snowmobile accident in the Whiteshell Park, years ago - around 1985, I think. They found his body in the spring but did not find her body for years. That part made it worse for her poor parents. They were out at night on Valentine's Day and probably got a bit lost. It is thought that they were likely one bay over from where they intended to be and ran into open water. Can you imagine what that must have been like?

Randy