My '84 W123 has a similar problem.  I have to 'really' press down in
order for the pedal arm to contact the switch, which isn't very
convenient or safe.

On 1/12/06, Hans Neureiter <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> I found that mine can not work the way it is. The arm that connects to the
> pedal has kind of a foot on it which touches the floor und prevents the arm
> from contacting the button switch. Is there a piece missing (like something
> clamped to the arm) or is the switch a dummy on my '82 300SD ??

Casey
Olympia, WA
Biodiesel: "I drive in a persistent vegetative state"
'87 300TD intercooler (211k)
'84 300D (207k)
Gashuffer:
'89 Vanagon Wolfsburg Edition (186K)