Well, I see that you are indeed, as your website says, "up to a challenge"!
You are basing your estimate and requirements based on the house you
visited when you were here last, and those would be accurate for that
location. However, we've moved, and now live in un incorporated country.
there are no inspectors, no codes to comply with, no rules, and very few
laws that anyone pays attention to. So, we stretch strings where we want
things to be and start digging. Yes, we have plenty of clearance.
Then we'll find out if our "that looks about right" engineering was
adequate or not . . .
When can you start?

On Wed, Feb 26, 2014 at 10:59 PM, Hendrik and Fay <heni...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Lets see, we need to get planning approval from at least three agencies
> (as you are in hurricane country?), all the neighbours will need to be
> informed of the construction and have the right to object.
> So you'll need to get an architect to design it and a an engineer to
> calculate the stress loads, obviously allowing for strong winds. So the
> oven will have to be fully reinforced with high tensile steel, which will
> add to the weight.
> A full analysis of the soil type will have to be undertaken, which means
> drilling several holes.
> Once the soil type and density has been determined, it should be possible
> to calculate the size and depth of foundations, referring to the
> architectural and engineering plans.
> If everything gets approved and the neighbours can be bought off with the
> promise of fresh pizza, we could look at getting that hole excavated.
> What's access like, I'll need at least 800mm (we like to talk in mm), will
> the spoil stay on site or will it have to be gotten rid of?
> If access is less than 1100mm I'll need to use my small machines, which
> will add to the cost.
> So lets see,
> To get to the stage where everything has been approved you'll probably
> look at 5 -6 grand, depending on revisions.
> To dig the hole for the foundation I'll charge you 100 bucks and a carton
> of beer (good stuff not watery crap).
>
> Hendrik
> who is busily loading the machines into an airplane, it's gonna cost a bit
> in excess luggage
>
> On 27/02/14 12:13, OK Don wrote:
>
>> Cool website - it's a good start anyway. You do need a live dingo sitting
>> in the seat of the mechanical dingo though . . .
>> I do need a foundation dug for a wood fired oven in the back yard
>> (garden?)
>> - how much?
>>

>> On Wed, Feb 26, 2014 at 6:48 PM, Hendrik and Fay <heni...@gmail.com>
>> wrote:
>>
>>  Hendrik
>>> who is working on his website http://www.dingodiggersplus.com.au/

OK Don
"They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary
safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety." - Benjamin Franklin 1775
"in this world nothing can be said to be certain, except death and taxes."
- Benjamin Franklin 1789
2013 F150, 18 mpg
2012 Passat TDI DSG, 44 mpg
1957 C182A, 12 mpg - but at 150 mph!