I agree to some extent. It appears to me that the driver actually moved to the left a bit and it might have been better to go to the right. However, there is always a reaction time and at 60 or 70 mph there is not a whole lot of time to decide. I think the camera makes it a bit deceptive. We watch it several times and we then know what is coming and think "I would have done better than that" but the bottom line is that when one is surprised one has to decide and then do something very quickly. I suppose moving toward the left lane makes sense when something is moving into your lane from the right. It is true that we can see the truck coming to the road for some distance but we expect the truck to stop. If you count the time from when you know the truck does not stop until the time that the impact occurs, it is about 2 seconds. At 60 mph that is 88 feet per second and therefore only about 175 feet. The truck approaching the road with the trailer is not going all that fast. He looks like he will stop but he does not. It is fortunate that the impact is essentially on the side of the box and not on the driver's door of the truck that got hit. Also, maybe a good thing that the vehicle that hit him was a full sized pickup and not a small car. Did you notice the generator being thrown out of the box over the side of the truck?

Randy