Dan wrote:
> When electric or hybrid cars become competitively priced and are economical
> to operate, I'm on board.

Pricing of everything needs a revamp.
Total cost of everything involved needs to be included.  We still do
WWII clean up at Knoxville, Hanford, LANL, and many other places.
That cost still is never included in any cost/benefit analyses.  We
need that cost when we figure gas/diesel/electric but we won't do that
since gov't supported free-market multi-national corporations never
pay for half of the disposition of end-of-life resources.
mao