Mitch Haley wrote:

I regularly see really long turbine blades (I'm guessing over 70') going down the highway on my morning commute. I see close to half a dozen a week, and I'm sure I don't see them all. Somebody must be building a huge wind farm.

I guess they're on their way to the thumb:
www.michigan.gov/documents/mpsc/wind_map_407661_7.pdf

Way over 70' blades, if those are the Gamesa G114 turbines being installed at Big Turtle. (114 meter rotor diameter)

I'm thinking they're probably GE 1.7-100s headed for Consumers Energy's Crosswinds wind farm, those are only 100 meters in diameter. Either way, those blades are well over 100' long. They sure are impressive when you pass them on the freeway.

Mitch.