Something that wouldn't leave resigoo.

When I worked for the school district I spoke to one of our staff locksmiths
(yes, the place was so big they had two locksmiths on staff full time.)  I
asked him about getting MB keys duped along with some other lock related
questions.  He said that WD-40 was the best job security he ever had, as it
would clean things out well, but the residue it left as well as being a crappy
lubricant almost guaranteed that the lock would fail.

I like 3M Adhesive Remover.  Wicked stuff, won't hurt paint.

Dan