Don,
I'm including a link below to a Wiki discussion of the "Clinton Health Security
Act of 1993". You can read it and decide "who" put forth the plan. Again, just
my opinion, but it was a terrible plan and overstep of the Federal Gov't then
just as the ACA is now. And Peter, if the "facts" prove I'm a fool, I'll accept
and admit that. I just hope you are big enough to do the same. Probably neither
of us will have to admit anything as there are currently so many "facts" being
presented by everyone that anyone can take any position and prove it with a
"fact".

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Clinton_health_care_plan_of_1993

Best Wishes,
Roger