Well, you are certainly entitled to your own opinion...but you are NOT
entitled to your own facts!

First:  you say that Conway's accounts are "probably fabrications" and "not
verified".  It seems to me that you are exhibiting the same prejudice as is
the LA Times.  I did a search and could find no evidence that Conway's story
of the 77 yr. old (or any of his other "tales" as you so judgmentally put
it) being a fabrication.  Do you have such evidence???  Inquiring minds want
to know!

OTOH, does the LA Times (or you) call anecdotes related by POTUS
"apocryphal" or  "probably fabricated"?  I didn't think so.  Despite his
serial untruths: "If you like your doctor...insurance...PERIOD!"  Based on
his track record, it would be much more reasonable to characterize much of
what he says as "probably fabricated".

As to taxes in Canada vs. the US:  If you paid lower taxes to Canada than to
the US, it may be that you received credit from Canada for your US taxes (I
know I did when I lived there for 5 years).  In any case, better authorities
than you say that Canadian taxes are higher, including the Canadian
Government:

http://www.statcan.gc.ca/studies-etudes/75-001/archive/e-pdf/5071-eng.pdf

And CBS Moneywatch:

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/canadas-favorite-tax-haven-the-usa/

Let me close by saying:  I'm perfectly willing to change my opinion based on
logical argument and facts.  If you have some, please feel free to present
them.

Greg