Reminds me of a recent "Tampa Tale":

I work with a young single lady in her mid to late 30s.  She's very nice, a
real geek, and far less stodgy than the rest of our coworkers.  Not a looker,
but a nice, plain, down to Earth person.  Her Dad was literally a rocket
scientist and worked for many years with Dod contractors in Southern
California, and a lot of that environment has carried over to her.

As a result of this, we often lunch together, since our peers can't handle such
bizarre dishes like sushi or a nice warm brie.

We were walking back from a sushi lunch the other day when we came upon one of
our coworkers from another floor, Dana.  Now mind you, I'm as hetero as they
get, but Dana is a good looking man - tanned, very buff, etc.

As soon as we walked up to Dana, this young lady's disposition changed
completely. Suddenly she was all warm and fuzzy, gushy, etc., behaviors I had
never seen her exhibit.  One of the best examples I have ever seen of "code
switching" in my life.

Needless to say, I hassled her (all in good fun) incessantly about it all
afternoon.

Oh - she's a car person, too.  BMWs and the original Minis.  She's even
competed in a couple of the "Lemons" races at Sebring.

Dan

On Apr 13, 2014, at 3:09 PM, WILTON wrote:

> Well, this is not much; not sure if ya've seen it before; if so, please
> pardon the redundancy.
>
> TOUGHER THAN YOU THOUGHT
>
> While I was Director of Engineering at Sondrestrom Air Base, Greenland, in
> 1978, I talked on the phone several times with BGen. Paulk at HQ in Co.
> Springs; also visited with 'im at least 3 times, twice in Co. Springs and
> once at Sondy. On one of my trips to Co. Springs, Gen Paulk and I noticed
> each other as we were getting on an airplane at Denver. Gen. Paulk talked to
> stewardess, who got guy in seat beside him to switch with me. As we were
> arriving at Co. Springs, Gen. Paulk inquired of me, "Wilt, do you have a ride
> to your hotel?" I responded, "No, Sir, but I'm picking up an Air Force car at
> Peterson AFB Motor Pool." He replied, "Ride with me, then, I'll drop you
> off." While The Gen. and I were waiting for our bags, a mighty fine-looking,
> young blond female captain (in civilian clothes) I had known in the B-52 unit
> in Michigan three or four years before came running toward me squealing,
> "Wilton! Wilton!"  Gen. Paulk and I were in uniform, but the fine-looking
> captain and I hugged
  enthusiastically, and chatted a bit, and, as our bags were showing up, she
asked, "Do have a ride Wilt? I'll drop you off somewhere if you need it." I
replied, "No thank you, I'm picking up an Air Force car at the base motor pool;
Gen. Paulk's gonna drop me off there." As the fine young thing went prancing
off in her high heels, Gen. Paulk said, "Wilt, you're dumber than I thought;
I'da gone with HER." I replied, "Well, I guess that shows how tough I am, too,
doesn't it?"