I think ethanol caused problems with several of my small 2-cycle machines.
The gas cap on my chain saw swelled to the point it took a tool to remove or
install it.  I since got a replacement (loser fit-revised design) which
solved that problem.  The diaphragms in 2-cycle carburetors seem to get so
stiff so you have to run them at part choke a for a long time (or
constantly) to keep them running.  I've had the fuel lines in two older leaf
blowers disintegrate.  I can't prove this is ethanol-caused but that's when
it started.  I do use Sta-bil in the late fall (when the gas may not get
used soon) so maybe I should try Sea Foam.

Scott