I went to the dealer to order a fresh tumbler for Froggy.  We spent a half hour
on the EPC trying to figure out what the heck to do .  The datac ard does not
show for the car, and the parts are not available anymore.  There were five
tumbler options and they all showed as being substituted to another part that
is not available.  The next step substituted to having to replace the whole
lock system, but that was not able to get ordered and said to purchase a
replacement steering column.  That is not available.

Parts guy plans to call Germany or maybe a Unicorn breeder so he can understand
how to resolve the issue.  I am thinking the early R107 and the W116 share an
ignition lock.  If there are problems getting replacement parts, all the 1970's
cars are ticking time bombs.

Anybody think a lock smith can rebuild the original?

clay

2002 s430 - Victor, a Stately & well tailored chap
1974 450sl -  Frosch - Two tone green
POS 1987 SDL - Beware Nigerian Scammers