The Saga continues.

DBAG no longer makes the ignition lock, just the tumbler and key.  W116 and
W107 are S.O.L. if you need one from the factory.  Chinese now manu-fake a
replacement that can be sourced for under $200, but not from the dealer.

I ordered the tumbler and coded key at the dealer.  They have no idea when the
dark elves from the Black Forest will be able to forge it from their mighty
smithies.  In the meanwhile, I had hoped to get a locksmith to pick the lock or
jigger it so I could get the tumbler free.  The locksmith said they send
Mercedes to my indy for lock jobs.  So, I gave them a call.

Instead of the $1500 to drill out the part, the indy will do it all for $300
labor and they even found a NOS ignition lock body in NorCal.  I just may be
able to drive before the end of the season.

clay