Looks great. I'd love to have one like that, especially one like that with a
dump bed for hauling rocks at camp...

-Curt

Date: Thu, 15 May 2014 13:53:58 -0400
From: "WILTON" <wilt...@nc.rr.com>
To: "mercedes list" <mercedes@okiebenz.com>
Subject: [MBZ] Fw: Trailer

"MB" trailer photos attached.

Actually, it's made from a mid-to-late '30's Ford pickup cargo bed.  Haven't
been able to pin down exact year.  Bed is a heavy gauge steel (much heavier
than modern).  I replaced axle, springs and wheels about 15 years ago.  I
also added tri star and MB wheel covers then; they make it a great
conversation piece.

Its paint is beginning to be a  bit embarrassing; for 35
years, I've painted it the color of the tow vehicle of  the time: bronze in
'79 to match top of '74 Plymouth van, blue in '89 for '87 Dodge Caravan,
red
in '96 for '95 Dodge Caravan, ivory in '04 for '81 300D and red (burgandy)
again for
interior and stripe on outside of '87 300D.  Started to paint it white to
match the '87 300D, but it sits outside in the weather and under trees all
the time, and I thought white on it would look too grungy too fast - the
ivory didn't work out very well for that - so I painted it same as the 124
interior.  Some places in the red are flaking/spalling and beginning to
show
spots of the old colors.

Wilton