there are three towns right around there:

lakeland is a city of 100,000
winter haven, 35,000
auburndale, 12,000

i would desire in life not to be the victim of a crime, particularly a
violent one, and live short walking/biking distance from a large health
club. a post office and an amtrak station.  lakeland also has a ball park
with 2 MLB farm teams.  additionally there is a public transit system in
the area.

in terms of shopping, i'm under an hour from two costcos, one in brandon
near tampa and dan and one in orlando.  i go to costco maybe every two
months.  i do most of my shopping online and i'm sure there will be plenty
of saturday morning farmer's markets for fresh produce.

with the amtrak, i'm an easy trip to orlando or tampa or even west palm
beach. im 24 hours from penn station in new york.  if i can get a little
folding bike and take it on the train, i have a lot of mobility going for
me.

the only thing i'll miss is going out the beach at 2am and talking to the
crazy kids out there trying to get themselves a big shark.  i like the
beach in the middle of the night.

On Wed, Jun 4, 2014 at 2:31 PM, arche...@embarqmail.com <
arche...@embarqmail.com> wrote:

> Actually I did live in Lakeland for a couple of years.
> It was socially conservative back in the '80s; not a bad place to live.
> Gerry
>

> On 6/4/2014 11:46 AM, Gary Hurst wrote:
>
>> well, at least you didn't live in lakeland like penoff!
>>
>> also, for the sake of full disclosure, i may be moving to lakeland myself
>> soon
>>

>> On Wed, Jun 4, 2014 at 11:42 AM, arche...@embarqmail.com <
>> arche...@embarqmail.com> wrote:
>>
>>  I remember wrestling at Fort Homer Hesterly during the late 1940s because
>>> girlfriend loved it.
>>> Never paid any attention to wrestling after that.
>>> Gerry
>>>

>>> On 6/4/2014 9:20 AM, Gary Hurst wrote:
>>>
>>>  and who can forget championship wrestling from florida from the tampa

>>> All posts are the result of individual contributors and as such, those
>>> individuals are responsible for the content of the post.  The list owner
>>> has no control over the content of the messages of each contributor.

> individuals are responsible for the content of the post.  The list owner

*reliable vendor of superior parts for mercedes and other european cars*
*www.BuyEUROparts.com <http://www.BuyEUROparts.com>*